About place: Trigorskoye

Trigorskoye is five kilometers from Mikhaylovskoye, near the village Voronich. When Pushkin was in exile at Mikhaylovskoye during 1824-26, he went to Trigorskoye nearly every day.

In 1762 Trigorskoye was given to Maxim Vyndomsky, the major of Semyonovsky Regiment. The estate reached its prosperity in the time of his son Alexander: he built a big manorial house and many household buildings, as well as created a very beautiful English landscape park.

In 1813 Trigorskoye went to his daughter, Praskovia Alexandrovna Osipova-Wulf (born Vyndomskaya), who was also a very distant relative of Pushkin (her elder sister was married a cousin of the poet’s mother Yakov Gannibal).

That same year Praskovia lost her father and husband. She was left with five children – Anne, Alexei, Evpraksinia, Mikhail and Valeriana. Then she married the state councilor Ivan Osipov. During his exile Pushkin became very close friends with this family.  

In 1820 the family moved from the manorial house, which was in need of repair, to the then empty building of the linen factory. For Pushkin this long building was the only opportunity to relieve his loneliness. At Trigorskoye the poet got inspiration for his novel «Eugene Onegin». Later it was even called the «Larins’ House».

At the park of Trigorskoye you can see the «Onegin’s Bench». It is under a tree on the high bank of the Sorot River. From that bench you can have a good view on the road from Mikhaylovskoye running along the river. The daughters of Praskovia Alexandrovna often waited for Pushkin on that bench.

There are a lot of interesting places at the park. On the bank of the river is a master’s bathhouse where Pushkin often spent time with his friends N. M. Yazykov and A. N. Wulf. At the bottom of the park is the «Tatiana's Alley» where Tatiana Larina could meet with Eugene Onegin, the «Solitary Oak», the «Fir-Tent», the «Birch-Saddle». 

Thanks for adding of this publicaton to:

URL Photo:

URL Gallery:

URL Place:

HTML code: