Iviron Female Monastery: Iviron Convent

On the high bank of the Volga just over the Zhigulevsk brewery there's located the Iversky Convent. It was founded in 1850 and its churches have shaped the recognizable view of Samara as seen from the Volga.

Unfortunately, the main churches of the Iversky Convent were destroyed in the 30th of the past century, but even now it may be interesting for tourists. In 2013 there was restored a 60-meter bell tower. The female monastery was returned the Icon of Our Lady of Iveron, from which it has got its name.

Thanks for adding of this publicaton to:

URL Photo:

URL Gallery:

URL Place:

HTML code: 

BBCode: