The events, which took place on the night of June, 17 1918, when the tsar`s family were executed in the house of the military engineer Ipatiev in Yekaterinburg, changed the history of Russia. The epoch of the monarchic Russia ended and the epoch of the Soviet Russia began.
After having been to the Church on Blood you should visit the nearby building of the Patriarchal Metochion housing the Romanov Memorial Museum. Various exhibits and documents related to the last days of the Romanov family and their shooting in the basement of the Ipatiev House are kept at the Romanov Memorial Museum.
Yekaterinburg became the first Russian city, outside of Moscow, where began the construction of high-rise buildings. However, after the famous Stalin skyscrapers, high-rise buildings haven’t been constructed for a long time even in Moscow.
In the first half of the 18 century Plotinka was a common dam on the river Iset built to power a new-founded metallurgical plant. And today it is essentially a city park reminding of the time when Yekaterinburg was founded.
The House of Sevastyanov, which may be easily called a palace, is on the east bank of the City Pond on Lenin Avenue. And although there remained some other mansions of the 19 century around the City Pond, Sevastyanov`s House is distinguished by its monumentality and a beautiful combination of the Gothic and Moorish styles.
Big (or Great) Chrysostom, located not far from 1905 Russian Revolution Square, is one of the most beautiful churches in Yekaterinburg. Its design is characteristic of the orthodox churches of Russia where a belfry was built on the building of the church.
Sverdlov regional local history museum is on Malyshev street near the Iset river. There are a lot of other sights in the immediate vicinity of the museum: the City Pond, the Plotinka, the Bol-shoi Zlatoust (Big Chrysostom) church, the Fine Arts Museum, etc.
An interesting museum was opened in Yekaterinburg City, an emerging business district on the shore of the City Pond, in 2015. It is devoted to B. N. Yeltsin, the first President of Russia. For all those who are interested in the modern history of Russia, the museum is a mandatory place to visit.
Yekaterinburg museum of fine arts occupies the former building of the storehouse of the Gorny Hospital located in the Historical public garden near the Plotinka on the bank of the Iset River. At the museum you can see the pictures of famous Russian painters, as well as the most interesting collection of Kasli art castings.
Before the October Revolution the Square of 1905 Revolution had many names: Church Square, Cathedral Square and Market Square. From the very beginning it was the main square of the city, as it was in the immediate vicinity of the City Pond, the place where Yekaterinburg was founded.
The main street of Yekaterinburg running through the historic center of the city is Lenin Avenue. Its most interesting part stretches from Weiner Street to the Ural University. The most interesting buildings are located just there.
There is a park called «Stone Tents» in the eastern part of Yekaterinburg. Huge Lake Shartash is not far from the park. But first of all you should go there to look at the residual outcrops.
This pedestrian street beginning at Lenin Avenue has long became a center of attraction both for natives and tourists. It begins nearly at the building of the City Hall, and its pedestrian zone stretches along three quarters up to Kuybyshev Street.
Yekaterinburg Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre is on Lenin Avenue not far from the historic center of the city. This theatre is one of the most important ones in Russia and one of few with academic status (since 1966).
Museum of History of Stone-Cutting and Jewelery is at the historic center of Yekaterinburg occupying a building near Sevastyanov`s House on Lenin Avenue. Both these arts have been actively developed in the Urals region for several centuries.
Since the end of the 17 century the government of Russia began to actively search for mineral resources the Ural Mountains abounded with. Industrial enterprises and entire towns were created on the base of the found deposits. There began the development of metallurgical, coal, gold-mining and stone cutting industries. All this ensured the significant increase in the power of the Russian state.
The building of the old railway station of Yekaterinburg is on the left of the main railway station. It was built in 1878 by an architect Schreiber before the opening of the Ural mining railroad.
Thanks for adding of this publicaton to:
If you find a mistake on this page, select it and press Ctrl + Enter

URL Photo:

URL Gallery:

URL Place:

HTML code: 

BBCode: