The Intercession Convent in Verkhotyrie was founded in 1621, and now it can be considered the one of the oldest convent in the Ural. In 17-18 centuries the monastery flourished, there were 8 churches in the monastery, but in 1782 it was abolished.
The convent was reopened only in 1896. In those years, very beautiful churches in the style of Moscow Baroque were built here. Under the Soviet power, the Intercession Convent was closed, and the buildings of churches fell into complete decay.
In 1991 the convent was returned to the Church. However, they could not restore the old churches, so new church buildings were erected far from them. The main holy thing of the monastery is a copy of the wonder-working icon «Tenderness» from the Seraphim-Diveyevo monastery.