The mortuary temple Medinet-Haby built by the Pharaoh Ramesses III in honour of his victory over the «peoples who have come from beyond the sea» in 1173 B.C.
Of the strong wall that once encircled the Medinet-Haby temple there remained only the earth mound, although the temple itself is in good condition. On the first, the largest pylon the ode is engraved glorifying the victories of the Pharaoh, and the Pharaoh himself is depicted bending over the defeated enemies and holding them by the hair.
On the sides of the first court the statues of Pharaoh are standing with arms crossed, in Osiris position, on the second pylon of Medinet-Haby almost the entire wall is taken up by the story of the war. Having passed through the second pylon, one can reach the hypostyle hall, which, alas, didn’t survive.
There remained nothing but column bases, giving some idea about the scale of the temple. It would be very curious to look around the adjacent rooms, where there survived most interesting frescoes of gods and Pharaohs. Many of them still retain paint.