The Berliner Dom is the largest cathedral of the Lutheran Church of Prussia built in front of the Altes (Old) Museum of the Museum Island in 1894-1905. There are always a lot of people at the Lustgarten (Pleasure Garden), a green sward between the Altes (Old) Museum and the Berliner Dom. After the consecration the Berliner Dom also became the burial place of the Prussian House of Hohenzollern.
One of the walls of the Berliner Dom goes down directly in the waters of the Spree river creating a very beautiful city landscape. Formerly, the cathedral reached the height of 116 meters, but today its height is no more than 98 meters. But the interior of the Berliner Dom was restored to its former splendour.