The Refectory Church in the Kiev Pechersk Lavra was built in 1893 in the Byzantine style. This is the latest Church of the Lavra. It was built near the assumption Cathedral on the site of a decayed monastery refectory.
The refectory Church of St. Anthony and Theodosius of the caves with a chamber was built by the architect Vladimir Nikolayev, who took as a basis the image of St. Sophia Cathedral in Constantinople with a huge dome. The diameter of the dome of the Refectory Church reaches 20 meters. It is the largest on the territory of Ukraine.
You should go inside the Church to see the interior. The frescoes of the main temple and Refectory are made by the artist Alexey Shchusev in the art Nouveau style, which is quite rare to see in canonical Church painting. The marble iconostasis also looks very beautiful.
Near the Refectory Church is the grave of the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of Russia Peter Stolypin, who was killed in Kiev in 1911. Here are the graves of Vasily Kochubey and Ivan Iskra, who were executed by Hetman Mazepa.