The Orthodox Church of St. Seraphim of Sarov in Svetlogorsk, in the time of East Prussia, was a Lutheran Church. The Church was built in 1903 in the Eastern part of Rauschen. It is located on a hill in a small pine park.

Until 1903, a large congregation of the Protestant Church met in the Church of St. Lorenz, which was built in Rauschen in the 16th century. At the beginning of the 20th century, it was decided to build a new Church for them with private donations.

Architects Wichmann and Otto Kukkuk built the Church in the neo-Gothic style with modern elements. The interior of the Church of Seraphim of Sarov was designed by the artist Hugo Goering at his own expense. After the war in 1945, the Church was turned over to the local school`s sports hall.

In 1992, the Orthodox community asked the authorities to transfer the Church to them. The Church was consecrated in honor of St. Seraphim of Sarov. The altar of the Church of Seraphim of Sarov in Svetlogorsk was made with wood carvings.