The entrance to the Archaeological Museum is between the War of 1812 Museum and the hotel «Moscow». The museum properly is under the ground.
It is at the depth of 7 meters, on the site of the large-scale archaeological excavations of 1993. It was on that place that the Voskresensky (Resurrection) Bridge was located. It was built over the Neglinka in 18 century. It connected the Kremlin and the Bely Gorod (White Town). The bridge became the center of the museum exposition.
In the surrounding rooms one can see various hoards, which were discovered during the diggings in Moscow. And the hoards contain not only money but also various household items and decorations.