A small museum is in a large four-floor building, near the Rukavishnikov`s Mansion, on the Upper Volga River Embankment. The museum, which is devoted to the first Soviet scientific research center in the field of radio engineering, occupies three rooms on the ground floor of the building.
The first radio laboratory was created on the initiative of M. A. Bonch-Bruyevich near Tver in 1924. However, its outdated equipment made it impossible to conduct full-blown researches. So, it was decided to move it to Nizhny Novgorod.
The radio laboratory was given a roomy building on the embankment, as well as modern equipment. It was mostly engaged in the development of electric valves for radio and telephone communication, as well as vacuum tube devices.
As a whole, Nizhny Novgorod radio laboratory was very important, as this Soviet industry was starting literally from scratch. Soviet radio transmitters, radio receivers, various electric valves and antenna were made on the base of its developments. At the museum of the laboratory you can see very interesting radio equipment of those years.