The Upper Park has an area of 15 hectares. In 17 century a regular park similar to French gardens was laid out there. Such parks were very fashionable at that time. Several fountains were on the center line of the palace and walking paths surrounded by flowers and lawns were on each side of the palace.
Neptune fountain installed in 1736 is the focal point of the Upper Park. It is near the fountains «Mezheumnny» («Between brains») and «Oaken». Two square ponds are in the immediate vicinity of the palace. They are reservoirs of water for the fountains of the Grand Cascade at the Lower Park.
In the park there are many straight alleys. Most of them are also in the shade of neatly trimmed bushes and trees. Massive gate serving an entrance to the park is on the side of Peterhof highway.