In the first half of the 18 century Plotinka was a common dam on the river Iset built to power a new-founded metallurgical plant. And today it is essentially a city park reminding of the time when Yekaterinburg was founded.
As is known, Yekaterinburg was laid down in 1723, when Vasily Tatishchev had a metallurgical plant launched there. The Ural region became the base of the economical development of the country, as it was a center of the mining industry.
The Plotinka was constructed from the Ural larch, which became as hard as stone in water. For this reason it survived to our days almost intact. In the 30th of the 19 century a support wall was erected over the dam. This made it possible to connect it to the City Pond with a full-sized avenue now called Lenin Avenue.
In 1886 an architect Kozlov created a public garden around the Plotinka. Thanks to it this place became one of the main sights of the city. The samples of the rocks mined in the Urals mountains are placed along the walks of the public garden.