Back

Yessentuki balneological resort

The balneological resort of Yessentuki is small comparing to resorts of Pyatigorsk and Kislovodsk, but its significance is as great as that of two main resorts in the Mineralnye Vody Region. The specific of the sanatoriums of Yessentuki was determined by the composition of the famous mineral waters Yessentuki-4 and Yessentuki-17, used for treatment of deceases related to the digestive apparatus, as well as liver and biliary tracts.

The most famous landmark of Yessentuki is the Semashko therapeutic mud baths. It was built in the style of the ancient Roman thermae during 1913-1915. The entrance is performed in the style of a portico with Doric columns. There are many sculptures of the heroes of the ancient Roman myths on both sides of the entrance as well as inside the building. The guests can make applications of various kinds of slime mud, take coniferous or coniferous & pearl baths and the other treatments.

While in Yessentuki all vacationers are spending most of the time at the Resort & Treatment Park. Besides, there is also a rather large Victory Park in the town. The Nicolas Baths (Upper Baths) are located in the center of the Resort Park. The sign on the fronton reads as follows: «Bath Building of the Emperor Nicolas II. Consecrated in 1898». 

From the Baths you can go down to the main alley of the park where there are a lot of walking people. Two Yessentuki-4 pump-rooms, a Yessentuki-17 Pavilion, Theater Park, and the Building of Mechanical Treatment are located there. You can also visit the Chaliapin Concert Hall located on the square in front of the Resort Park.

Photo Gallery
View All (23)
The Pavilion of Chance Encounters in the Resort and Medical Park is a symbol of Yessentuki
Semashko Mud Baths of Yessentuki
Mineral baths of Emperor Nicholas II consecrated in 1898 
Sculpture of struggling cupids in front of Pump Room No. 3 in the Yessentuki Resort Park
Drinking gallery of the Spring No. 17 in the Essentuki Resort Park
Sculpture of Asclepius, a god of medical treatment in ancient Greece, at the entrance to the Mud Baths
Walking alleys in the oldest part of the Yessentuki Resort Park near Springs No. 17 and No. 19
Spring No. 19 in the Yessentuki Resort Park
The pavilion of 1907 year over the Spring No. 19 in the Yessentuki Resort Park
Cast-iron pavilion near Springs No. 17 and No. 19 installed in the Resort Park of Yessentuki in 1907
Theatre Park at the Resort Park of Yessentuki
Eagle sculpture on the main alley of the Resort Park in Yessentuki
Church of St. Panteleimon in the Resort Park Essentuki
Interior of the Church of St. Panteleimon in Essentuki
Pump-room #2 of Spring #4 at the Kurortny Park of Yessentuki
The drinking gallery of mineral springs #4 and #17 in Yessentuki
The wooden Church of St. Nicholas in Yessentuki is the oldest church in the city
The interior of the Church of St. Nicholas in Yessentuki, preserved unchanged for 200 years
The facade of the Church of St. Nicholas in Essentuki is similar to Italian churches, so the Cossacks called the church Italian
Colonnade and fountain near the zero kilometer of love near the entrance to the Yessentuki Resort Park
Zander Mechanical Treatment Institute at the Resort Park of Yessentuki
Musical pavilion near Springs No. 17 and No. 19 in the Yessentuki Resort Park
Verkhniye (upper) mineral baths have the shape of a square enclosing a round building