Kaliningrad museum of history and arts is located in the building of the Stadthalle on near the Lower Pond. The beautiful building was erected by the project of a Berlin architect Richard Seel in 1912.

Kaliningrad Regional Museum of History and Arts was opened on August 7, 1946, a month after the lands of East Prussia were annexed to the Soviet Russia. Since historically these lands have never belonged to Russia the first museum exposition was related to Wold War II. Today the exposition is called «East Prussia Operation of the Soviet Army and the Storm of Königsberg». 

Eventually, at the museum there appeared expositions devoted to the other subjects such as: archaeology, the antiquities of the amber land, the natural resources of Kaliningrad Region, and the history of East Prussia.