Central Park is located on the high bank of the Oka River. In the 16th century, the wooden Kaluga Kremlin was located on this site. Now Central Park is a favorite walking place for Kaluga residents and tourists. There are many temples and historical sites in and around the park. 

The founding date of Kaluga is considered to be 1371, although excavations at ancient settlements prove that Kaluga was founded earlier. The first settlements were located in other places, and the wooden Kaluga Kremlin on the high bank of the Oka River and the Berezuisky ravine was built in 1512. It was often destroyed. After the annexation of Ukraine to Russia during the Pereyaslav Rada in 1654, the defensive significance of the Kaluga Fortress disappeared. The wooden walls of the Kremlin became dilapidated and after the fire of 1700 they were dismantled.  

Central Park is surrounded by three buildings of Public Authorities. They were built in the period from 1780 to 1809. Now these buildings are occupied by a research institute and the Kaluga Diocese. Above Pushkin Street, the Eastern Gates of Public Authorities are preserved. This is a large arch, which is a historical landmark of Kaluga. 

In 1786, the construction of the Trinity Cathedral began on the territory of the former Kaluga Kremlin. However, most of the Kremlin`s territory has been abandoned for a long time. In 1818, on the site of the Kaluga Kremlin, the city authorities created a park called Vorontsovsky, later it was renamed the Central Park of Culture and Recreation. Nowadays, the age of trees in the Central Park of Kaluga exceeds 200 years. Mostly lime trees grow here, but there are other deciduous trees. 

Near the Trinity Cathedral in the Central Park of Kaluga, two monuments are installed: St. Lawrence of Kaluga and Kuksha of Pechersk, one of the first Russian preachers. There is a large Goldfish fountain in the park. In the western part of the Central Park there is a 600-year-old oak tree that remembers all the historical events of Kaluga.