An interesting sight of Novgorod the Great, the Vitoslavlitsy museum of wooden architecture, is 4 kilometers from the city, on the road running along the Lake Myachino. It would be better to combine a visit to the museum with a trip to the St. Yuri Monastery, which is in the immediate vicinity of the Vitoslavlitsy museum.
The Vitoslavlitsy museum of wooden architecture was founded in 1964, when they began to bring there wooden churches and houses from the northern regions of Russia. The Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary from the village Peredky is considered the most interesting exhibit of the museum. According to an inscription on one of its bells, it was cast for the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary in 1539. It is the most ancient and also the biggest and most beautiful church in the Vitoslavlitsy museum. Its quaint architectural shape, an octahedron on the cross-shaped base, was spread in that period of time.
The Church of St. Nicholas from the village Vysoky Ostrov built in 1767 is an interesting example of a tier church of the Russian church. The main elements of the church are on the same line. By the size, it is a bit smaller than the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary.
On the shore of the Lake Myachino the Assumption Church dating back to 1595 is located. It was the first church that was installed at the Vitoslavlitsy museum in 1964. Also, at the Vitoslavlitsy museum one can see many dwellings of 18-19 centuries. The every day life of past centuries is reflected in the characteristic features of the dwellings and household buildings.