A Polish Roman Catholic church was built in the historical center of Samara in 1906. Its official name is the Church of Sacred Heart of Jesus, but it is better known as the Polish Roman Catholic church.
In 1890 the catholic community of Samara bought out a lot of land near Saratovskaya street (now Frunze street). At first a wooden church was built. The construction of the stone church, which was designed by the architect Foma Bogdanovich, began in 1902. It was consecrated in 1906.
The Polish Roman Catholic church was built in the pronounced Gothic style. It has the shape of a cross with a transverse transept. And the facade is decorated by pinnacles or ornamental pointed Gothic towers. Their height is 47 meters.